Monday, September 2, 2013

My Lens

There have been several moments in my life where I become fully aware of the present and ponder on how I will feel and who I will be at a later date. For instance, at the beginning of my senior year of high school I envisioned who I would be a graduation and the experiences I would have. I'm often never right but those moments of complete awareness provide markers to my life that almost give me time to self evaluate.

It's scary to think that so much about you will someday change. Our lives aren't static, we're constantly changing as we are exposed to the world and its intricacies. And somehow, even though each human life is unique, we can find common ground and learn to sympathize.

We spend our lives becoming. Becoming famous. Becoming quiet. Becoming old. Becoming sentimental. Becoming better. Whatever we become, it is new and altering to our insides, to the spirit that makes us who we are.

I've always been taught that without opposites we can't live fulfilling lives. Without pain we cannot know joy. Without disaster we can't know calm. And that is what makes the future AND the past so vital. We don't see what we've become until we see where we've been.

Looking back, I don't ever want to go back to the person I was; but looking to the future, I know I will be so much better. And that's why we constantly have to be reevaluating and improving. After all, that is our purpose here in this mortal frame.

Much love always

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment