Saturday, January 12, 2013

January Lens

I've been as good about writing on here lately as I have in my journal (except I haven't written in my journal since August). Many good things in life have come and gone since the last time I wrote. In the end I think they all boil down to one thing: life is good, God is good, and life moves on. Let's peruse uninteresting facts about my life shall we?

My first semester at college ended and I did better than expected. Someone up above was really watching out for me. I don't confess to be knowledgeable when it comes down to it, I just know where to look for wisdom and knowledge. Another good thing about the semester is that I really enjoyed my professors. I don't think people are always as lucky as I am to get along incredibly well with those who are trying to supply me with useful knowledge.

Now that a new semester has started I can put last semester behind me and move on to a new, bright semester. It will be hard, lets be real here, but I'm excited about all the opportunities it will bring. I just have to keep telling myself that this semester will be great, even when I'm at the height of business and stress (please remind me of this every few weeks ok? thanks).

I saw my family over the break. I think separation really does make people draw closer together. I don't mean this to sound harsh but I think I was more excited to see my family and get along with them because I hadn't seen them in a while. Distance is God's way of giving us perspective.

Many friends and acquaintances have received mission calls and/or left for their missions. What a cool experience to see so many people dedicate their lives to their choice of service. I know many people outside the LDS faith dislike having the "Mormon Missionaries" knocking on their doors but I think it is just a misunderstanding. These missionaries are just trying to share something that makes them happy with others. Same as any other religion that sends out missionaries. I'm not saying people who don't invite missionaries into their homes are bad people, I just think we could all do better at understanding each other a little better.

I know there are more aspects of my life that have been good but I'm tired and I think you all now know more about me and my opinion than you ever needed to. ;) So let me know about the good you've all seen in life lately.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment