Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Positive Lens

I haven't posted in forever! With finals, moving, a new semester and preparation for my excursion to China, I've been extremely busy. But here I finally have a moment to try to shed some positivity on my recent life.

First of all, I'm surviving spring term. Spring term basically squeezes a regular 15 week semester into 7 weeks. I'm taking it to finish my last pre-requisites before I apply to my program. And as of right now, I'm not failing either of my classes! Success.

On top of managing my classes, I'm preparing for a trip to China. I'm going with my former program director to do a similar program as I did in Taiwan two years ago (I still can't believe that was two years ago). I am super excited to get to serve the people there and see the world from a different perspective. More will come on my experience there after I return.

I am another year older!

One of my dearest friends is leaving to serve an LDS mission next week. I'm gonna miss him a lot, but I am proud of his choice to set aside two years of his life to serve others in Brazil.

Things don't always go how we want them to, but I know that if we just keep pressing forward things will work out. They have a funny way of always doing so. Keep strong my friends. Look for the good in life.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment