Friday, November 16, 2012

Roommates Lens

I'm a slacker. It has been so long since I've posted. I will say that I have been extremely busy but I don't know if that counts like a legitimate excuse. Anywho, moving on. Lately I've been really grateful for awesome roommates.

I don't want to brag (actually I do) but I have the greatest roommates. Sadly one is getting married and moving out (sad that she's moving, not that she's getting married. That part is happy) but I've still loved having her as a roommate. The reason I like them so much is because of the qualities they emanate. We could all learn from them ;)

To distinguish we'll call them M1 and M2 (were M&M&M in this apartment). M1 is very studious. Not in a weird anti-social way, but in a way that shows she cares about getting an education. She's also diligent about learning new things, even if it means teaching herself. I admire her ethic. M1 is also very willing to serve and serious about her religion. She's willing to stand up for her beliefs and not be swayed by the opinions of others if they are contrary to her morals. She's always got a smile or a hello for those she knows and is a great comic relief.

M2 is a doll. She is so kind and selfless. She is truly a wonder-woman in my eyes. Somehow she has managed to stay on top of school while planning a wedding. She understands the importance of education but also of preparing for marriage as well. She is so mature and a great example to me. M2 always looks for the good in life and in people.

M1 and M2 help me gain perspective on life and help me figure out this weird stage of life. I'm so fortunate to have them as friends and examples. They are both truly beautiful inside and out.

That may have sounded gushy but you can just deal with that ;) They needed recognition. I hope you can all look for the good examples in your life and see their qualities that help make you a better person.

-M3

No comments:

Post a Comment