Thursday, October 18, 2012

Alive Lens

Oh my lands I haven't written in 5 days! Must'a been up to no good. Actually not really. My life has been pretty uneventful.

Today I'd like to discuss the beauty of being alive. Think about it, when is the last time you stepped back and really thought about how glad you were that you were alive and breathing? Now that you're thinking about it and are fully aware of the fact that you're not dead, here are some great quotes:

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
-Marcus Aurelius


I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.
-Joseph Campbell

You are either alive and proud or you are dead, and when you are dead, you can't care anyway.
-Steven Biko

Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun's shining or not.
-Marty Robbins
Moral of the story kiddies: we are so intricate and full of purpose that we simply cannot be ignorant of it. By being alive we automatically take on the mantle of potential. I believe we all have great works to accomplish in whatever form and we need to be grateful that we are here, alive, able to rise to the challenge of life.

The reason I bring this topic up is because I think it something we're more aware of when we get sick (like I was). Nothing is so precious as life and health as when we're not feeling full of life or healthy. I've personally never had a near-death-experience but I'm sure they also make you critically aware of the fact that you are alive.

Take home lesson: appreciate your life today. Be happy you are you and that you are here at this time. Remember this even when it gets hard. For as the great Dr. Seuss said, " Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"

-M 

*quotes courtesy of Brainy Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment