Monday, October 1, 2012

Feeling Good Lens

No the title is not referencing Michael Buble's version of that fabulous song. I have made some feel good observations today that I wanted to share.

One of the things I noticed today was the sky/skyline as I was waiting for the bus. After my Humanities class I was laying out in front of the art museum because it was 20 minutes before the bus would arrive when I noticed how incredibly blue the sky was. I'm sure it is often this vivid, but having the moment to slow down and appreciate was beautiful. It was so striking against the rugged mountain peaks. And don't even get me started about the foliage. I so badly wanted my camera at that moment but sadly I've gotten out of the habit of taking it everywhere. Anyways, seeing this scene was so calming and strangely invigorating (is that possible?)

This morning I woke up at 5 so I could do laundry before school but the laundromat was fighting with me so I couldn't. But despite that, the walk to and from the laundromat was awesome! Totally worth being awake at 5 AM. There were stars shining and it was chill enough make me appreciate my hoody, but not so cold that I was uncomfortable. I kind of wanted to stay out there... but then I realized how creepy that would be and went back inside my apartment. By the time I got settle back in my room I had 30 minutes to do whatever so I laid on my bed and listened to Mat Kearney on my ipod. It was so relaxing and made it not as hard to finally get out of bed to get ready for the day.

Yesterday after church I made rolls from scratch for the first time. It was a lot of fun and so gratifying to see the results of my labor. The rolls didn't turn out horrible like I was expecting. I took them to a potluck and they were gone in like 10 minutes... haha. It made me feel good that people appreciated them so much. Maybe that's just my vanity messing with my head, but whatever. It also made me happy to see how much effort everyone else put into their dishes. It was a way fun activity and very delicious.


Now my nerdy moment: I make a list of homework that I need to accomplish each day in my planner so I don't miss anything. Every time I cross something off the list I do a little happy dance on the inside because that means I'm one step closer to successfully closing my day. It means I've made progress. Same thing happens when I clean something in my apartment. Like when I do my dishes or hang up my clothes. Goodness I feel like I'm getting old. Is it normal to get excited about completing these things? Not sure. Oh well.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what makes YOU feel good. And if you don't know, figure it out :)

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment